Friday, March 19, 2010

Thoroughly Amused

Not quite two weeks ago, my one and only sister had her first baby. Of course it was smack dab in the middle of my busiest week of the month . . . all of my hostess clubs, calendar club, and a home gathering. She and her husband live in Indiana, which is a good, solid 6 hour drive. Not the end of the world but not a pleasant drive by any stretch. Anyway, the baby (and my sister and brother-in-law) are coming back home in one week so I've been working my butt of to get May layouts, etc in order so that I can spend plenty of time snuggling with the baby until I take her and my sister back a day or two after Easter.

So, here is my selection for May hostess club, Thoroughly Amused. I used several sheets of B&T and most of the cardstock colors from the Animal Cookies Level 2 paper packet (plus Heavenly Blue to lighten it up a bit) . . .


Considering this was way outside my box, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. I've been wanting to do an Amusement Park layout for at least a good year and decided May was the month. Amusement parks, however, shout loud colors, happiness, and whimsy. Not really my style. So my husband jumped in to rescue me and proposed this layout, with curves that suggest roller coasters and motion. And see that little ticket in the corner? It says, "Admit it, you're having fun!" How cute is that! And I made sure to have both a portrait and landscape 4 x 6 photo mat so club members can easily add Flip Flaps to this page - I know you all have a ton of Bay Beach, Great America, county fair, etc. pictures laying around.

Thanks for looking everyone! Have a wonderful weekend . . .
Tanya

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit - this is soooooooooo cute!!! Colette!!!

    ReplyDelete