Monday, March 1, 2010

A Fun, Little Clipboard Layout

Have an entire season of soccer photos laying around? How about loads of school pictures like I do? This layout could be your solution! See the clipboard . . . with my son's school picture underneath? Well, it's a working clipboard with more pages underneath!

Underneath I'm storing his report card for the year and a couple of fun art projects along with a few miscellaneous pictures from his year.

Here's a close-up of the clipboard top so you can get a better idea of how it works.


It's actually a lot simpler than you might think. I started by cutting my "clipboard" out of Desert Sand cardstock and adhering it directly to my scrapbook layout. After embellishing the rest of the page, I put it into a page protector. From there I stamped my clipboard metal-thingy using Close to My Heart's "Confidential" stamp set. I cut that out, laminated it, and cut it out again. Next I took a few page protectors from an office supply store, 8 1/2 x 11 like you might use in a binder. I cut off the holes on the side and trimmed a bit from the tops of the protectors so they fit nicer on my page. Then I put the sheets of paper in the page protectors and held them in place underneath the clipboard top. Using a Cropodile or piercing tool, I made holes through all these layers plus the top sheet of the 12 x 12 page protector and the layout itself. I then put the Bigger Brads right through the layers to hold them together. Finally, I took two foam squares and layered them on top of each other and stuck them under the metal-looking-thingie to give it some height and realistic dimension.

Don't you just love these interactive pages? The idea for this page came from my neighbor and scrapping buddy, Marla. Thanks, Marla!

I hope you enjoyed this last batch of pages!
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment