Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Holy distractable scrapbooker, Batman!

So, the first week of the month is terribly busy for me on account of ALL of my monthly groups meeting that week. Stupid, stupid, stupid . . . I know. But I like it that way. Anyway, I should be working hard but I found some inspiration and I couldn't help myself from doing a layout this morning. The inspiration comes from Lisa Stenz, a favorite scrapper of mine because of her simple style. Here's what caught my eye: http://lisascreativecorner.blogspot.com. A very simple card with a very simple flower. Here's what I got from it:


I just added a little black and green for fun and tackled a picture that's been sitting around here for a year and a half.

Now this next layout is really the brainchild of my daughter's babysitter, Becky. Becky came over to watch Anna last Friday (she comes once a week so I can get some work done) and instead of watching Anna, we ended up scrapping some pictures that she wanted some advice on. Becky knew exactly what she wanted: a huge bus with windows and doors that popped up and over and every which way to reveal hidden pictures of her class' trip to Washington DC.

To get the bus window to be interactive, we cut out page protectors from CTMH's mini-album, which were perfectly sized at 3 x 3. For the door, we cut right into the page protector so it popped open to reveal journalling and a seriously ugly lamp.



Like I said, I can't take credit for the idea but this layout has some great interactive features so I thought I'd share with you. Not a bad morning's work, even if the work was not what I had been planning to do :)

Alright, now to distract myself even more, I'm going to feed Anna, put her down for a nap, and clean the house. I can't work when it's this messy!

Until next time,

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment