Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here comes Santa Claus . . .

The mission: to create cute, simple, and very inexpensive one page layouts. "A Visit From Old St. Nick" is my first attempt. All the paper on this layout, with the exception of the base sheet and the double mat, is all leftover paper that I either needed to find a use for or send with my daughter to school for their scrap box. I'm rather happy with the way it turned out.

Also on this page is a row of sparkles colored black with a Sharpie marker (thanks for the idea Karen Pederson!) I happen to not like the square sparkles very much so this is a way to get rid of the sheets and sheets of squares I have laying around. Finally, the glittered snowflake on this page is a 3 dimensional element; however, for everyone else it will be a glittered and punched cardstock snowflake. Much cheaper! Finally, I edged the page using a ruler and a black pen and then sponged on some Juniper ink. Wa-la . . . cute, quick, and cheap!

If you'd like to make this page and live in the Fox Valley, come to the Scrap for Alexis and be one of the first to sign up before they're gone!

See you then . . .
Tanya

1 comment:

  1. This layout is beautiful! Love how you folded the "ribbon"!

    ReplyDelete