Monday, October 26, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I'm so excited to finally have a finished product for December Hostess Club! Although every month our hostesses have a choice of two different layouts, December is the exception. After all, who doesn't take pictures at Christmas?

Because there is only one choice, I try and make it a good one. The second page of this layout may look kind of goofy and plain but is actually a very clever idea that I got from an episode of CTMH TV on my website: http://tanya.myctmh.com/MyCTMH/CTMHTV.aspx?url=/en/CTMHTV/Channels/Art%20and%20Soul/Ep5_Holiday%20Magic/MyCTMH.aspx

Once all the pictures are in place, this layout will look fleshed out and will hold an astonishing (14) 4 x 6 photos and (1) 5 x 7. In order for the club members to finish the pages in a timely manner, I tried to keep the interactive part of the page very simple in design.



The base of the second page is a photo storage page that was designed to hold (6) 4 x 6 photos per side. In the photo slots on the right hand side, I put a 12 x 6 piece of cardstock, scored in the middle to create a V shape, and stuck half of it into the photo protector. The other half sticks out of the protector and becomes a flap. After that, I simply covered the flap that is sticking out with a Flip Flap to keep that protected as well.

Suddenly, your one page layout becomes two pages with the flip of a flap or three!


Waa-laa! Room for 4 more pictures and some journalling. On the backside of the photo storage page is room for 6 more 4 x 6 photos.


This is a close up of the first page. This beautiful page was inspired by another consultant (ok, pretty much CASED), but I can't remember her name!
I hope our hostess club members thoroughly enjoy December's project! I can't wait to fill it up after Christmas!
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment