Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our October Scrap Playdate Choices!

Isn't Fall just filled with all kinds of wonderful opportunities to scrap? From pumpkins and piles of leaves to halloween and pre-holiday traditions, it's more than just my favorite time of the year . . . it's my favorite time of the year to scrapbook!

This first layout choice, "It's Pumpkin Time", uses two of CTMH's brand new colors just unveiled in the new catalog this month . . . Sunset and Pear. There are also a few little peeks of paper from the new "Olivia" paper packet. From the pumpkin patch to pumpkin carving to baking your famous pumpkin pies, you can get tons of mileage from this adorable layout. It's definitely putting me in the mood to capture those inevitable "gross, this is slimy" look on the kids faces as they are gutting their creations. Although there are only a few spots for photos, by adding a few flip flaps the possibilities are endless.




When Marla first started creating this next layout, "You're a Hoot", in - like - June (overachiever!) I immediately thought of some pictures I had of the kids playing with their cousins in woods. It has a definitely outdoorsy feeling ready to hold all your silly pictures. HOWEVER, over Labor Day weekend we happened to get some pictures of my entire extended family. I'm pretty sure my family is a hoot and I think these pictures will take the place of honor on this adorable fall layout.



Now for my contribution. When I saw the new Hooligans paper packet and matching felt monsters, I knew I wouldn't be any kind of a consultant unless I created the cutest Halloween page ever. Of course, the pressure was too intense so I took some very strong ques from a page that was create by the CTMH corporate staff. OK, I pretty much CASE'd their "Little Monsters" page. But isn't it adorable? Besides all of the cute, new Halloween papers and accents, we'll also be using items from the brand new Pear Mini-Medley. I just can't wait to get this year's trick-or-treating pictures in here.


Here's a peek at the workshop for this month. This is actually a flip book, though it's hard to tell from the photos. I gave the book the title "Christmas Recipes" but included with the workshop is an entire sheet of letter stickers so you can call your book whatever you'd like. There are (24) 6x6 pages in the flip book, all of them decorate using the new Mistletoe paper packet and ready to take 4x4 recipes printed right off your computer or 4 x 4 pictures or whatever you can imagine for your book.

The workshop fee for the Christmas Recipes book is $20 and includes the flip album, 1/2 pack of Mistletoe papers plus plenty of extra cardstock all pre-cut and ready for you to put together, a sheet of color ready alphabets, a pack of the new Mistletoe charms and flowers, plus tons of addition ribbons, three dimensional elements, and embellishments.


Finally, our card workshop for the month. These five cards all use various paper packets and have various themes. All the cards are high-level work so expect to take a little extra time with them this month. There are tons of details that need to be attended to. The cost for the 5 card workshop is $10 and includes the envelopes.












And that's it! If you're interested in completing any of the layouts, cards, or books, please let myself, Colette, or Marla know as soon as possible!
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment